[Michlib-l] QR Code Generator - free?

Clayton Hayes as6348 at wayne.edu
Thu Jun 16 12:05:50 EDT 2022

Just to add another (admittedly more basic) option: https://goqr.me/#t=url

Clayton

From: Michelle Leines <mleinesbenzonialibrary at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2022 9:49 AM
To: James B Lenze <lenze at gardencitylib.us>
Cc: Lorry Traver <ltraver at ruthhughes.org>; Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
Subject: Re: [Michlib-l] QR Code Generator - free?

I just found this article the other day on QR codes. I tested the FREE Google Chrome option on my Android phone & it worked great. Here’s the link to the full article that gives all the  details. It also discussed QR Code Generator which I did not try. I have also detailed the basic instructions for using the Google Chrome QR code app below.

Hope this is helpful.

Michelle Leines, Assistant Director
Benzonia Public Library
231-882-4111

https://www.businessinsider.com/create-qr-code

How to create a QR code with Google Chrome
You can use the google Chrome app for Android or iPhone/iPad to create a QR code.

For Android users
1. On the Google Chrome app, navigate to the website you want to create a QR code for.
2. In the top-right corner, tap the icon of three vertical dots.
3. Tap Share in the drop-down, then select QR Code.
4. Beneath the QR code on the next screen, tap Download to save the QR code to your device. You can then send it to others via text, email, messaging app, etc.

For iPhone or iPad users
1. On the Google Chrome app, navigate to the website you want to create a QR code for.
2. In the top-right corner next to the address bar, tap the Share symbol, which looks like a square with an arrow pointing upward.
3. Scroll down and tap Create a QR Code.
4. Tap Share, then choose how you want to share the QR code (via text, email, messaging app, etc.)
5. Optional: You can tap Save Image to save the QR code for future use.