[Michlib-l] Ballot question

Joann Simmons justjoann_hudsonlibrary at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 14:41:35 EDT 2022

I am exploring various ballot languages and such for our upcoming millage renewal in November.  I read in one place where you can not have 2 questions within one ballot issue.....i.e. Shall we renew and do the headlee override....My  understanding is you have to ask for renew of the current rate.  And then in another question do an additional rate to override headlee for the rest of the millage that you had before.  Yes, I know I need a lawyer, I also need to do as much and understand as much as I can without that expense.  Which scenario is correct?

Joann Simmons

Director

Hudson Carnegie District Library (zv170)

205 S. Market St.

Hudson MI 49247

517-448-3801

director at hudsoncdl.org