[Michlib-l] Seats available for this Saturday's workshop in Ann Arbor on social media policies and crisis communications

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Wed Nov 2 13:41:35 EDT 2022

Hello!

We have a few unexpected seats left in our workshop this Saturday at UMSI
for our social media policies workshop with Thom Fladung of Hennes
Communications, an Ohio crisis management firm. *If you would like to join
us, please contact me. *We have had a few cancellations so may even be able
to set you up with a hotel room (while supplies last).

Please note that this event is part of a larger convening that is
invitation-only.

Hope you can join us!
Kristin

10:00am - 12:00pm

Interactive presentation: Embracing Social Media:
Rewards, Risks, and Recognizing Fake News

Thomas J. (Thom) Fladung, Hennes Communications (bio
<https://www.crisiscommunications.com/bio/thomas-j-fladung/>)

What are we getting out of social media? What do we do when nastiness heads
our way? What are the opportunities for librarians to help themselves and
their communities navigate social media messages and discern fake news from
real? We’ve gone straight to the experts and asked crisis management
consultant Thom Fladung, who knows Michigan well from his days as managing
editor at the Detroit Free Press, to talk with you about what happens when
– not if – you face incoming artillery from disgruntled patrons.

12:00 - 1:30pm

Lunch On Your Own (map)
<https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1HxjKbJduruhjbPvOPeoEsouBuCkhF_Y&ll=42.27996877755754%2C-83.73972962716675&z=18>

1:30 - 2:15pm