[Michlib-l] Presenter Recommendation: Dianna Stampfler

Director director at indianriverlibrary.org
Tue Mar 7 17:42:41 EST 2023

Hello all,

We just hosted a wonderful program, "Ladies of the Lights", with author
Dianna Stampfler from Promote Michigan to celebrate Women's History Month!
We arranged the program to coincide with the library's Nonfiction Book Club
meeting - they read her book, "Michigan's Haunted Lighthouses" in the
previous month. The book left out enough details that we had plenty to
learn about the brave women who worked as lighthouse keepers in Michigan's
historic lighthouses all across the state. She also shared some interesting
stories from when she met the lighthouse keepers themselves, their
relatives, and descendants - with enough humor and intrigue to keep the
audience engaged.

Her program costs $250 with additional costs for mileage; I would
definitely say she is worth the cost. She is a true professional; we had a
small group for the program and she presented with enthusiasm as if we had
100 people in our audience.

You can contact her at dianna at promotemichigan.com. or check out her website
here <https://promotemichigan.com/about-dianna> for more details. Her home
base is in Gaylord, Michigan.