[Michlib-l] Speaker Recommendation for Teen and Adult Programs

Jennifer Sunderhaus jennifer.sunderhaus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:30:15 EDT 2024

Hello and Happy Summer Reading,

We had a great presenter and facilitator this past spring for our Teen
Poetry Slam at the Shelby Township Library, and I wanted to recommend him
if you’re looking for something new or a little different for your teen and
adult programs. Harry Campion is a retired high school English teacher who
is engaging and very personable with teens and adults. Before the pandemic
he organized a mythology presentation for our Percy Jackson fanatics
exploring the different myths that inspired the books, he recently oversaw
and ran our Teen Poetry Slam in April that had such a great energy all the
teens had a blast-- even the most hesitant of teens who had come to cheer
on a friend felt comfortable sharing their poems in front of a crowd, and
he has presented to adults and shared stories and photos about visiting the
Isle Royale National Park that the adults just loved. His information is
listed below, and on his website he has some stunning examples of
photographs he shared at the adult Isle Royale presentation.

Harry Campion
email: HarryCampion at gmail.com
phone: 313-550-3890
https://jardinexpedition.com/